Share: How to Optimize Blog Images with Squoosh
How to Optimize Blog Images with Squoosh
Optimizing blog images before you upload them to your server or media library is ideal for both SEO and for site speed overall. In this quick tutorial, we will show you an online web app named, Squoosh, which allows you to compress your images before you upload them to WordPress.
Programs like Photoshop and Affinity Photo do an ok job at compressing images down. This app allows you to take this further while fine-tuning the quality of the image before it ever hits your server.
Go to: https://squoosh.app/
How To Optimize Blog Images with Squoosh
- Goto https://squoosh.app/
- Drag and drop or select your image (note: they have 4 example images that you can click on to see how everything works)
- Use the adjustment panel on the bottom right hand side to adjust the image itself and make it smaller
- The defaults do work great but sometimes you will need to adjust them to make sure you are getting the quality you want
- Typically we try to stay under 100kb for blog images. In this case less is more as you want your site speed to always be improving and not slowing down your users.
What is Squoosh!
Squoosh is an image compression web app that allows you to dive into the advanced options provided by various image compressors. Also note the privacy of the app: Image compression is handled locally; no additional data is sent to the server which is great!
Have a question? Ask on our free Facebook Community Group. We would love to help answer your questions.
WordPress Community & Help Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pressavenue/
Share & Help Out the Community
Let us know what you think of the How to Optimize Blog Images with Squoosh WordPress Tutorial. Feel free to ask a question or give your two-cents. Additionally, you can continue the discussion on our Free Facebook Group: "WordPress Tutorials & Community Help"