Share: Gravity Forms Zapier Tutorial – Send Entries to Spreadsheet
Gravity Forms Zapier Tutorial
Gravity Forms is one of the best WordPress forms plugins out there and they offer a huge number of addons which allow you to get even more functionality out of your WordPress forms. One of those addons is the Zapier addon.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1,000 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It’s easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For example, maybe you get a lot of email attachments in your Gmail account and you want to save them to Dropbox. Every time you get an attachment, you could open up the email, click on the attachment, and then save it to Dropbox. Or you can have Zapier automate this for you, saving you time and effort.
Gravity Forms Zapier Tutorial
Full Video Link: https://youtu.be/lFkRP-lWc8A
Directions for Gravity Forms Zapier Tutorial
Setting up Gravity Forms
- Install Gravity Forms
- Click Addons and Install the Zapier Addon
- Create a Gravity Form (any type of form you want with any number of fields) in our example we created a registration form but honestly, it could be any type of form.
Setting up Zapier
- Signup or login to your account at https://zapier.com
- Zapier offers a free and premium plan
- Certain apps are for the premium plan only BUT Gravity Forms and Google Sheets work both on the free and premium plan
Setting up Google Sheets
- We recommend G Suite for business and even personal email – Check it out here
- Create a new Sheet )spreadsheet)
- On the first row, name each column based on the data field names in Gravity Forms
- You can choose to have all the data/entries come in or only some of it based on your use.
Other Gravity Forms Zapier Examples You Can Create
With Zapier, there are thousands of different workflows you can create. Here are just a few more examples to help inspire you:
- Automate your social media presence by sending new Entries info to Twitter, Example: Brian from Florida just registered for our Conference with a link to the conference
- Have the organizers receive a text each time someone fills out a form
- Stay in touch with prospects by adding form respondents to your mailing list in MailChimp
- Make sure your team never misses info by notifying a channel in Slack of info that was added to your Gravity Forms
- …and many more!
If this video is helpful please subscribe to our channel to stay up to date with more WordPress tutorials like this one. Click here to subscribe and click the little bell to be notified of new WordPress Tutorial videos.
Have a question? Ask on our free Facebook Community Group. We would love to help answer your questions.
WordPress Community & Help Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pressavenue/
Let us know what you think of the Gravity Forms Zapier Tutorial – Send Entries to Spreadsheet WordPress Tutorial. Feel free to ask a question or give your two-cents. Additionally, you can continue the discussion on our Free Facebook Group: "WordPress Tutorials & Community Help"