Share: How to Install WordPress on Your Computer
In this tutorial, we are going to install WordPress on our computer. This will work for Windows, Mac, and even Linux and it only takes a few clicks. In order to do this, we will be installing and setting up LocalWP.
How to Install WordPress on Your Computer
LocalWP WordPress Install on Your Computer
Start off by downloading and installing LocalWP. you can get it directly off their website: https://localwp.com/ In this video above, I will showcase how to get started with LocalWP the free version.
- One-click WordPress installation Local makes creating a local WordPress site a total breeze, so you don’t have to bother with setting it up yourself. One click and your site is ready to go, SSL included!
- Advanced development features Local offers root SSH access, WP-CLI, and the ability to hot-swap PHP 5.6, PHP 7.3. So you can tinker around if your heart desires!
- (Anyone can use this without these hosts) Local Connect Push and pull sites with Local to hosts like Flywheel or WP Engine for a super streamlined offline-editing and go‑live process.
- A collection of pre-launch tools Ship your site with confidence thanks to tools like Local’s broken link checker, image optimizer, and instant reload features.
- Hot swap environments Changing environments has never been easier. Hot-swap PHP 5.6, PHP 7.3 and 7.4 or try out the latest version of MySQL right from Local. It’s that simple!
- Image Optimizer Boost your WordPress site’s performance, and improve page loads by compressing your image files with Image Optimizer — all with the click of a button!
- Tons of Pro features – Live Links Pro, MagicSync, Instant Reload, Link Checker, and priority support from WordPress experts.
- View all their features here https://localwp.com/features/
If this video is helpful please subscribe to our channel to stay up to date with more WordPress tutorials like this one. Click here to subscribe and click the little bell to be notified of new WordPress Tutorial videos.
Let us know what you think of the How to Install WordPress on Your Computer WordPress Tutorial. Feel free to ask a question or give your two-cents. Additionally, you can continue the discussion on our Free Facebook Group: "WordPress Tutorials & Community Help"