Best Google Analytics Plugin WordPress?
Hint: Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) or read ahead!
Goodbye MonsterInsights Hello Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP)
We constantly get asked which plugin is best for ______ (fill in the blank) and in the past have always used Monsterinsights Google Analytics plugin. We now recommend Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) (download it here https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp/) or search for it in your WordPress Dashboard.
A big reason for changing this MonsterInsights asks people to do too many things and adds notifications with each update. This is great for someone interested in updates but its terrible for clients, who are unsure what to do, don’t care or get confused. Our support has received way too many questions about these updates, so we have moved on.
Another bonus to Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) is the plugin allows tracking adjustments and features that only the premium version of the former offers. Free is great and the easy setup makes this one a no-brainer.
Have a question about the best WordPress plugins? Ask Us here (the video below was created from the Ask Us area)
Best Google Analytics Plugin
What is Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP)?
This Google Analytics for WordPress plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics stats in your WordPress install.
In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports allow further segmentation of your analytics data, providing performance details for each post or page from your website.
The Google Analytics tracking code is fully customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection like custom dimensions and events.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS REAL-TIME STATS
Google Analytics reports, in real-time, in your dashboard screen:
- Real-time number of visitors
- Real-time acquisition channels
- Real-time traffic sources details
GOOGLE ANALYTICS REPORTS
The Google Analytics reports you need, on your dashboard, in your All Posts and All Pages screens, and on site’s frontend:
- Sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rate analytics stats
- Locations, pages, referrers, keywords, 404 errors analytics stats
- Traffic channels, social networks, traffic mediums, search engines analytics stats
- Device categories, browsers, operating systems, screen resolutions, mobile brands analytics stats
In addition, you can control who can view specific Google Analytics reports by setting permissions based on user roles.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING
Installs the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows full code customization:
- Universal Google Analytics tracking code
- IP address anonymization
- Enhanced link attribution
- Remarketing, demographics, and interests tracking
- Page Speed sampling rate control
- User sampling rate control
- Cross-domain tracking
- Exclude user roles from tracking
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support for Google Analytics
- Ecommerce support for Google Analytics
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP enables you to easily track events like:
- Outbound links
- Affiliate links
- Fragment identifiers
- Page Scrolling Depth
- Custom event categories, actions, and labels using annotated HTML elements
Second Best Google Analytics Plugin
What Is Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights?
We believe that you shouldn’t have to hire a developer to add Google Analytics to your website. That’s why we built MonsterInsights, a complete Google Analytics for WordPress plugin that’s EASY and POWERFUL.
MonsterInsights allow you to connect your WordPress website with Google Analytics, so you can see how visitors find and use your website, so you can keep them coming back. Simply put, we show you the stats that matter.
With almost 15 million downloads, MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.