Share: How to Fix SSL Not Fully Secure WordPress Website
Securing your website is a must for every website owner. Nonsecure websites don’t usually affect your website’s functionality but they do impact your user experience and your Google SEO rankings.
Imagine your users seeing a NON-SECURE or Red Lock saying the site is not secure when they visit your site. This makes users uneasy but it can be easily fixed y adding an SSL certificate.
Most WordPress hosting companies let you add a free Let’s Encrypt SSL within their control panels to easily secure your website. Not sure? Contact them or ask in our WordPress Tutorials discussion group here.
Additionally, if you want to learn how to install an SSL, Secure WordPress and Fix all Errors, we have a course for you. Insert shameless Plug here: Check out: Securing WordPress by Press Avenue. This has helped so main people so we have lowered the price to get it out to more people like you.
What if I have an SSL Certificate and I still have errors?
This is a very common problem. Most people do have SSLs installed but their sites show as nonsecure or they say the following:
- How to Fix SSL Not Fully Secure WordPress Website
- How to Fix Mixed Content Errors in WordPress
- How to Fix “Your Connection to This Site is Not Fully Secured”
Fix SSL Not Fully Secure WordPress Website Tutorial
Resources for finding HTTPS SSL Errors:
- https://www.jitbit.com/sslcheck/ – This free tool will crawl an HTTPS-website (entire website, recursively, following internal links) and search for non-secure images, scripts and css-files that will trigger a warning message in browsers.
- https://www.whynopadlock.com/ – See exactly which elements are not secure so you can clean them up!
Resources for Fixing Non Secure Content on Your WordPress Site
Really Simple SSL – https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/
- Very simple to set up and correct errors
- It does not correct everything for all sites but the plugin below will
Better Search Replace (My personal Favorite) – https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/
- Search for HTTP and replace it with HTTPS. This cleans up all the nonsecured links on your site. Most content errors can be cleaned up manually but this can take forever to do. Better Search Replace is an automated way to clean up these links and SSL HTTPS errors
Have a question? Ask on our free Facebook Community Group. We would love to help answer your questions.
WordPress Community & Help Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pressavenue/
If this video is helpful please subscribe to our channel to stay up to date with more WordPress tutorials like this one. Click here to subscribe and click the little bell to be notified of new WordPress Tutorial videos.
Fix SSL Not Fully Secure WordPress Website
Want to take this a step further? Learn how to add a free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate or a paid OV, DV, or EV Cert to your site to secure it and rank better with Google!
Securing Your Website with HTTPS is a must for all website owners and with this course, you will have the skillset to secure your site and help others secure theirs.
Check out: Securing WordPress by Press Avenue. This has helped so main people so we have lowered the price to get it out to more people like you.
Let us know what you think of the How to Fix SSL Not Fully Secure WordPress Website WordPress Tutorial. Feel free to ask a question or give your two-cents. Additionally, you can continue the discussion on our Free Facebook Group: "WordPress Tutorials & Community Help"